The Kiarong Mosque

Category: By we designworks!
One fine Friday morning (my day-off), after I sent my wife to the office, I passby one of the biggest mosque here in Brunei, since I have my camera with me, I decided to take a couple of pictures, but since there's alot of people going for their prayers, I just took the pictures outside ... are the shots ok ??? any comments ???



Jame'Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque otherwise known as Kiarong Mosque - was built in 1988 and officially launched in 1994 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of His Majesty the Sultan's reign. This is the largest and the most magnificent mosque in Brunei Darussalam. This mosque has a distinct edge over the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque in the heart of Capital both in style and grandeur. It also has a sea-blue roof, shimmering GOLDEN domes and slender minarets. With its intricately ornamented minarets and shimmering golden domes clearly visible along the main route into town from the airport, the Kiarong Mosque (as it is locally known) towers over a landscaped terrain dotted with fountains.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?